We believe that the entire Bible is inspired by God, Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit including but not limited to the Biblical truths below:
- Jesus, the Son of God, is the is the one and only way to heaven, crucified for our sins and physically resurrected from the dead on the third day, John 14:6, Acts 4:12, John 3:16, 1 Corinthians 15:1-4.
- The Bible is the divinely inspired word of God, living, active and relevant for our lives today, Heb 4:12- 13. It contains teaching from God able to be tested through application John 7:17. By reading it, faith can be built Romans 10:17, John 20:30-31. It is sufficient for eternal salvation and equips the Church for every good work (2Timothy 3:15-17).
- Relationship are key, as the most important commandments of Jesus are relational in nature i.e. love God and to love our neighbours as ourselves, Mathew 22:34-40, Mark 12: 28-34, Luke 10:25-28, 1 John 4:19, John 14:23-24.
- We are all sinners, Romans 3:23, who don’t have all the answers to everything in life, although we do believe that God does. We are saved by God’s gift of grace through faith and not by works Eph 2:4-10, Romans 6:23, Romans 1:17. We strive to grow in our faith John 14:12, our application of Jesus’ teachings to our lives, John 8: 31, with the goal maturing together becoming more and more like Christ in every way, Col 1:28.
- Everyone has a part to play in God’s amazing plan Romans 12: 4- 5.
- Submission to the plan of God is necessary for salvation, which is His free gift through the blood of Christ (Romans 6:23; 1John 2:1-2 )
- Rebirth or to be born again is necessary through faith in Jesus Christ, John 3:16 and repentance (getting the mind of Christ), Luke 13:5, Acts 17:29–31, Acts 26:20 and baptism (immersion) Mark 16:16 , Col 2:12, Acts 22:16, Matthew 28: 18 – 20, Gal 3:26 - 27 for the forgiveness of sins and the indwelling gift of the Holy Spirit (Acts 2:36-41; 1Peter 3:20-21; Romans 6:3-7 etc)
- We need continuing devotion to imitate Christ’s love for God, love for righteousness and love for others. (Philippians 2:1-5; 2Corinthians 5:20; 1John 2:3-6, 1 Cor 15:2 etc)